Friday 25 January 2008

Old but lovely worship songs

I just doscovered that some of the worship songs that we are singing today
were written quite long ago.

All Heaven Declares
by Noel Tricia Richards (1987)

All heaven declares the glory of the risen lord.
Who can compare with the beauty of the lord.
Forever you will be the lamb upon the throne
I gladly bow my knee and Worship You alone!

I will proclaim the glory of the risen Lord.
Who once was slain to reconcile man to God
Forever you will be the lamb upon the throne
I gladly bow my knee and Worship You alone!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As The Deer
by Martin J Nystrom (1983)

As the deer panteth for the water, So my soul longeth after you.
You alone are my hearts desire and I long to worship you.
You alone are my strength, my shield.
To you alone may my spirit yield.
You alone are my hearts desireAnd I long to worship you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great is the Lord
by Steve McEwan (1985)

Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise
The city of our God, the holy place
The joy of the whole earth

Great is the Lord in whom we have the victory
He aids us against the enemy
We bow down on our knees

And Lord, we want to lift Your name on high
And Lord, we want to thank You
For the works You've done in our lives
And Lord, we trust in Your unfailing love
For You alone are God eternal
Throughout earth and heaven above

No comments: